Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Noise - Part 2

Hello - this is a continuation of the story to be released in my upcoming book. Enjoy!
scope
The nurse came into the room and with a Jamaican accent asked, “What seem to be da matter my precious?”
Shawna replied, “I can’t get this noise out of my head. I keep hearing the same beat again and again. It is driving me crazy!”
“Now there, dear. It sounds like it be a simple earworm.”
“An earworm! Get it out!” Shawna quickly covered her ears with her hands. I can’t have-“
“Hold on. An earworm is not an actual worm. It is just an expression for when ya be havin’ a song stuck in da head. Are ya recognizing the song?”
“No, it just sound like: budu dubba budu bida budu dubba budu bida. It keeps repeating over and over and never stops.”
The nurse’s facial expression changed to one of sheer horror. She had to sit down and catch her breath. “Dat not good. Dat not good at all. It means he comin’ for us. How long ya hearing da noise?”
“Only since last night. Why? Who is coming?”
“Good. That means we still have time. The noise means that Babbi Makki is coming. He is evil and when he comes, he will try to destroy us all.”
“Who is Babbi Makki?”
“Babbi Makki be one a dem ancient voodoo witchdoctors from New Orleans. Someone must have begun da ritual to be releasin’ him. A powerful priest imprisoned his soul over one hundred year ago.
Babbi Makki used da dark magic to turn his victims into dose wooden statues. His hunger for collecting dem grows each time he creatin’ one. I don’ know who trying to release him or why. I only know dat we got tree days to stop da ritual or he be released again.”
Shawna stared at the nurse in silence, dumbfounded by what she just heard. Then she turned her head sideways and smiled, “Wait a minute. You are joking with me, aren’t you? Come on. Witchdoctors don’t really exist.”
The nurse stared deep into her eyes and said, “Dis no joke my dear. Dis da trut. We gonna see da priest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments as long as they are constructive and clean. (This is a children's book blog)