Saturday, December 19, 2015

What Are You Afraid Of?



I recently read a blog where people commented on their strange and unusual fears. I thought most of them were actually normal. So, I looked up other strange fears. Some I thought were interesting were: fear of the toaster, fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, fear of belly buttons, and fear of the left side.

What are your fears. Comment on this blog and tell us about what scares you. I listed my strange fears below. Try not to laugh too hard. :)

You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread man! I hate that little nuisance! My mom used to bake gingerbread man cookies and then put them on the stairs when I wasn't looking. I would turn around and see them and it totally freaked me out. (I was 5 at the time) She told me that I had to catch them and bite off their legs so they wouldn't run. I thought they were alive and was scared they would try to attack me if I bit them.

I am ok now and I love gingerbread cookies, but I hate the story of the gingerbread man. I felt like he was creepy, always taunting. So, the gingerbread man cookies are my unusual fear. That and the poko-peeko-mites.

I don't want to leave you hangin'. So, I will continue. Again, my mother came up with this one too. When I was little, (about 5) I would lose things. (like every kid) My mother would ask me, "Where did it go? What do you think happened to it?" I would tell her, "I don't know." She would say, "I bet the poko-peekomites took it." She explained to me that little tiny people lived under the floorboards on the house. They would come out at night and steal things. Result: childhood mental scar number two. I really believed these weird little people lived under the floor.

Anyways, those are my two irrational fears. My mom did love me very much. We watched weird and scary movies all the time and I still love them today. I really don't believe in anything supernatural. But, I like to imagine what it would be like if something strange and amazing did happen.

Cheers - Bald Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments as long as they are constructive and clean. (This is a children's book blog)